Simply the Best. That describes Flint Hills Resources LLC in just a few words. At Flint Hills Resources, they are looking for simply the best people to join the team. They are looking for candidates who want to create long term value for their company, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do.
If this sounds like you, then they invite you to apply to join the Flint Hills Resources team. They are a fast growing company, so the opportunities for development and advancement are plentiful.
Currently, Flint Hills Resources is looking for a Senior Counsel- OSHA/PSM/RMP to join the Legal team at the world headquarters in Wichita, KS. As the Senior Counsel, you will serve as a vital member of the H&S Legal team providing broad scale support to multiple refineries and facilities throughout the United States.
They will look to you to interact with federal and state agency representatives regarding facility compliance and to coordinate with other members of the H&S Legal team to ensure consistent information is being given across the company.
This role requires a forward thinker, who can identify key physical and process risks and key changes in the legal requirements and industry standards and can adjust their position and give guidance accordingly.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
They are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years counseling clients on compliance with health and safety regulations, process safety management,
- equivalent experience in an agency regulating health and safety matters
- Excellent academic credentials from an accredited law school
- Juris Doctorate and be licensed to practice law in one of the 50 United States, in good standing with the licensing authority with no pending ethics complaints
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team members and other capabilities within the business
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical and legal skill set
- This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing rule or “TWIC” and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Flint Hills Resources LLC, through its subsidiaries, is a leading refining and chemicals company. It markets products such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol, olefins, polymers and intermediate chemicals as well as base oils and asphalt. The company has more than 3,600 employees with operations nationwide. The refineries produce fuels that power much of Texas, the Midwest and the Alaskan interior. The chemicals are used to manufacture dozens of goods, from plastics to building products and packaging materials. The asphalt is used for paving projects in communities across the Midwest and Alaska, and the base oils are used to produce premium motor oils, commercial lubricants, sealants and coatings. Since 2002, Flint Hills Resources has expanded its operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $5.3 billion.
FHR is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in America according to Forbes magazine. Koch Industries has grown exponentially since 2003, with more than $32 billion in acquisitions and investments. With this growth has come opportunities for entrepreneurial employees to earn leadership roles within FHR and by moving to other Koch companies, such as Georgia‐Pacific, which was acquired for $21 billion in 2005, and INVISTA, which was acquired for $4.2 billion in 2004. Koch has a presence in about 60 countries and employs over 70,000 people worldwide.