Contributes to the effectiveness of H&R Block Financial Services (FS) Risk Management Department through strategic and operational activities. Reports directly to the President of H&R Block Financial Services The position’s strategic development component involves working with the President of H&R Block Financial Services and key H&R Block Bank leaders and stakeholders to define and refine H&R Block Bank’s fraud & risk management program.
The position will support the execution of a number of Enterprise Risk Management programs, including ERM Risk Assessment Programs. The position’s operational duties include leadership of the day-to-day Fraud and Risk Management Program. This involves management of ongoing programs, as well as new initiatives and cross-functional projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as principal risk management advisor to the President of H&R Block Financial Services regarding fraud and enterprise risk management.
• To define the Financial Services Fraud & Risk Management Strategy and work with the relevant operational personnel to ensure that strategy is successfully implemented within the company, including managing the product and service offering. Steering the management information reporting related to fraud and risk management.
• Supervises assigned Fraud and Risk Management team members to ensure effective execution of Fraud & Risk Services Strategy.
• Works closely with the FS Sr. Leadership Team and provide macro business reviews and forward-looking market assessments from a fraud and risk management perspective.
• To define the overall Fraud & Risk Services Strategy for the Group
• Work with product leadership to develop and refine “go to market” strategies for Fraud related services global expansion
• Ensure prioritization of the product roadmap, in consultation with each Product Owner, to support the Fraud strategy taking into account the cross platform dependencies, various product channels, other business requirements and resources available.
• Accountable for identifying, developing, prioritizing and directing partnerships needed to advance and promote best in class fraud prevention and detection program.
• Ensure that sufficient reporting is available on key fraud and risk indicators
• Definition and implementation of risk management programs that will support a unified ERM process and facilitate enterprise-level risk reporting.
• Support the execution of risk identification and assessment activities, assist in the communication of results to executive team and the FS Risk Committee, evaluate risk exposures and drive mitigating activities.
• Other projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 12 years of progressive business experience including:
• Experience identifying and articulating complex risk issues
• Experience in fraud prevention, detection, remediation, and reporting of internal and external fraud within financial institution investigation.
• A Minimum of 3-5 years of Prepaid Card experience.
• Demonstrated business process analysis as well as fraud investigation and analytical skills.
• Experience with defining and delivering key business processes
• Solid understanding of fraud risk management practices, as well as practices for prevention, detection, remediation and reporting of internal and external fraud within financial institutions.
• Possess good business liaison capabilities. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Exceptional listening skills. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from senior executives to staff level. Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences.
About this Company
H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider, having prepared more than 600 million tax returns since 1955. In fiscal 2012, H&R Block had revenues of $2.9 billion and prepared 25.6 million tax returns worldwide.
Today, H&R Block:
Prepares approximately 1 in every 7 U.S. tax returns
Helped clients obtain more than $50 billion in tax refunds, credits and other government benefits in fiscal 2012
Has a retail office within 5 miles of most U.S. taxpayers
Files 1 in every 5 Earned Income Tax Credits
Employs approximately 90,000 highly trained tax professionals
In addition to company-owned and franchise retail tax offices worldwide, and its H&R Block At Home ™ software and online solutions, the company offers affordable financial products and services to support its tax business through H&R Block Bank.