Warren is the National Governance, Risk and Compliance Solution Leader and the Market Leader of the Chicago Business Advisory Services Group at Grant Thornton LLP. He has over 20 years experience working with multi-national, entrepreneurial, and high-growth public companies, including boards of directors and audit committees. Warren brings experience to the business risk consulting and internal audit services areas from both the public accounting firm and industry perspectives. He leads many Sarbanes-Oxley consulting, internal audit services and SAS 70 projects for a wide-array of publicly traded and private businesses with international operations. He has worked extensively with international internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley and business consulting assignments in Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia, Central and South America and Canada. He has lectured on governance, risk and compliance.
Warren began his career with Arthur Andersen in the external audit practice and later in the internal audit services practice. Later, he joined DEKALB Genetics Corporation, a $500 million multi-national public company, as the Vice President of Internal Audit and Worldwide Consulting. Subsequent to DEKALB, Warren was a Managing Director at American Express Tax and Business Services and a Partner in the related attest entity of Altschuler, Melvoin & Glasser LLP and worked in the attest and business consulting areas.
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois)
- Certified Internal Auditor
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Illinois CPA Society
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Board Member and Audit Committee Chair of Gateway Foundation, Inc., Chicago, IL
- Advisory Board Member of CIBER (Center for International Business Education & Research) at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Board Member of the College of Business Alumni Association of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy -University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign.
Warren writes a regular column, Internal Audit Revolution, for CCI.